cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to change vmedia policy

nick.talbot
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 vmedia policies pointing to two vmware iso's (5.5 and 6.0).  When I attempt to change the vmedia policy from within the service profile, it looks like it accepts the change, the new vmedia policy is present after it submits.  Then if I try to click anything outside of the service profile I get 

"There are uncommitted changes.  Are you sure you want to close the window and discard any changes"

I select "No" on this screen and just wait a while and the vmedia policy reverts to the old policy.

It's a relatively straight forward process, so I am not sure what I am doing incorrectly to get the new vmedia profile to change.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Mohammed Majid Hussain
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Try closing the UCSM off and restart it again ? (Give another browser a try, the CLI could be an option too) 

-Majid

View solution in original post

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you doing this through HTML5 GUI? There should be a "Save" button you press and then the changes should take effect.

If not, I would set the policy via CLI and see if the issue persists:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/sw/cli/config/guide/2-2/b_UCSM_CLI_Configuration_Guide_2_2/b_UCSM_CLI_Configuration_Guide_2_2_chapter_011101.html#concept_7670DD2773BD4D6AA41CE1B636E6BE3C

HTH,

Wes

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mohammed Majid Hussain
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Try closing the UCSM off and restart it again ? (Give another browser a try, the CLI could be an option too) 

-Majid

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you doing this through HTML5 GUI? There should be a "Save" button you press and then the changes should take effect.

If not, I would set the policy via CLI and see if the issue persists:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/sw/cli/config/guide/2-2/b_UCSM_CLI_Configuration_Guide_2_2/b_UCSM_CLI_Configuration_Guide_2_2_chapter_011101.html#concept_7670DD2773BD4D6AA41CE1B636E6BE3C

HTH,

Wes

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card