cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Deploy Cisco Jabber to external desktop client using NAT.

matthewbates1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have an internal Cisco Call manager and Cisco Presence server currently in place.  I would like to look at making Cisco available externally. I have successfully created a NAT from an external IP address through to the Internal IP address of the Cisco Presence server.

I can successfully ping the external IP address and see the traffic hitting the internal server.  I can also connect to the internal web console from the external PC.  I can also confirm that the outgoing NAT is showing the same external IP address. So all is working as it should and traffic is flowing back and forth from the external PC through to the Internal Presence server.

In Jabber I have entered the external public IP address but I receive a message "Cannot communicate with server"

Can anybody assist and point me in the right direction to help resolve the issue so I can successfully log into Jabber from the external client.

1 Reply 1

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You will either require VPN with NAT or use the Expressway solution, you may refer the following for similar discussion

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11512196/does-jabber-windows-need-vpn-connect-across-internet

Manish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: