Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber - "cannot communicate with server"

MOTIVATIONBR
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone.

I have a headoffice and some sites, in only one site i have this problem with jabber...

When I try to login, the message "cannot comunicate with server" apears. Ping and traceroute at server is OK.

I use IM & Presence to login, server = 10.55.18.73.

I did webex with TAC and they say:

++ After restarting the presence nodes, we are not getting invalid certificate error on Jabber

++ We are getting Cannot communicate with the server

++ we were unable to resolve hostname

++ created hosts entry and but still we were getting same error

++ we were not able to access the server through browser.

++ In Wireshark, we were getting RST from server end.

++ Please get in touch with your network team and see why were not able to access server’s GUI.

++ we should be able to access server from GUI as well.

Action Plan: Please check with your network team, reachability from local machine to server via GUI.

We tried to reach server (10.55.18.73) via GUI from this Site, uncessfully

In attach The Jabber report and Wireshark file with  captured packets

2 Replies 2

Varundeep Chhatwal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Its the same error message in jabber logs which i pointed out in your another post.

2016-08-24 15:08:12,554 ERROR [0x00001a90] [sets\adapters\imp\components\Log.cpp(35)] [JabberWerx] [IMPStackCap::Log::log] - [LoginMgr.dll]: #0, CLoginCup::OnLoginFailed err-code: 28, err-string: SOAP 1.2 fault: SOAP-ENV:Sender[no subcode]
"Timeout"
Detail: SSL_connect failed in tcp_connect()
. request-token:0

Checked the pcap and noticed client sending Hello to server but nothing happening after that.

Its weird that you are not even able to open server GUI page and points mainly to network issue.

Is there any firewall in between site and HQ where the server is located ?

Yes, the site closes VPN in our firewall here in HQ. I can see de packets coming to server, but not inverse.

Other sites do the same, VPN to our firewall, and nothing else... Other sites are OK...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: