cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Attendant Console Advanced 10.5 Resilience

pcromwell
Level 3
Level 3

I have both pub and sub configured. I also have 2 different AXL app users setup. However what do I need to do for the CTI Devices?

1.Do I create 2 device groups  for pub and 1 for sub ?

2. in those groups do I create 2 different sets fo devices with different number ranges such as 100-125 for pub and 126 - 150 for sub?

so that on CUCm I see 25 ports registered to att cons pub and 25 ports registered to att cons sub?

3. I only have one queue that I need and that is configured for ddi 200 in the pub device group. on the other server I believe I need a different ddi such as 201 and have that in the sub device group? will this auto failover should pub fail?

I have read both install and design guide and none are that clear about how to setup.

Any clarity is much appreciated

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Varundeep Chhatwal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello 

yes , all you assumptions above are correct.  You have to create 2 different device group on pub and sub respectively and sync them from attendant console to cucm. This will create service queue , park queue and device queue ports in cucm. Incase cuac pub goes down , the cti rp and cti ports registered with cuac sub will take over.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Varundeep Chhatwal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello 

yes , all you assumptions above are correct.  You have to create 2 different device group on pub and sub respectively and sync them from attendant console to cucm. This will create service queue , park queue and device queue ports in cucm. Incase cuac pub goes down , the cti rp and cti ports registered with cuac sub will take over.

many thanks Varundeep, Do I need to go onto the subscriber to create the device group and CTi Ports? As i had read that the Sub is not used to configure. and it is all done on the Pub. I had configured both groups using the pub but the ports become unregistered for both pub and sub.

no , you cannot go to subscriber to create device group. that option will be greyed out in cuac-sub. what i meant from my previous post was that everything has to be configured from cuac-pub in a resilience mode for both cuac-pub and cuac-sub. if you ports are still unregister i would sugest you to check the roles which you have assigned to application user. make sure that during the installation of TSP , this app user was given with correct ip of cti manager server.

ok, I managed to create them and all okay. I had to put in the alternative failover ddi number on the first CTI route point's CF unregistered so that it failed to the Subscriber.

many thanks for your help

Hi,

I'm facing similar doubts as you. In order to perform redundancy, did you configured in the following way?

Go to CUCM.

Find CTI Route Point with the DDI of the CUACA PUB.

Set the Call Forward Unregistered to the CTI Route Point of the DDI of the CUACA SUB.

Is that correct?

Is there anything else to be done?

Best regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: