Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP-Trunk between CUCM and IMP does not come up

Stefan W.
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

at the moment I am setting up a Lab for the first time. It will include CUCM, IMP and Unity 11.5.

At the moment the thing that I am struggling with is the SIP-Trunk between my CUCM and IMP. I was following the chapter "Cisco Unified Communications Manager configuration for integration with IM and Presence Service" but somehow it does not work still. I followed the instruction step by step.

Can you maybe give me a hint why  the SIP-Trunk does not come up? SIP-Profile and Security Profile looks good to me. I also added the cucm as the presence gateway at the CUPS and all the necessary Services are also running. I am not using DNS at the moment.

Thanks in Advance

Stefan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What do you mean by "come up"? The presence publish trunk doesn't use sip options ping so there is no monitoring state.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What do you mean by "come up"? The presence publish trunk doesn't use sip options ping so there is no monitoring state.

Hi Jonathan,

thank you very much for that information.

Problem has been solved.

Best Regards

Stefan

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

+5 to Jonathan as the SIP trunk to IMP will show "Unknown - OPTIONS Ping not enabled" which is expected. To see if it works check presence status of user when she/he goes off-hook on properly configured IP phone to make sure it shows status of "On the phone" to other observers.