cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Screen Layout Preset

darin.scott.cs
Level 1
Level 1

I am wondering if there's a way to save a Layout preset for when a Tandberg C40 goes into a period of inactivity so that that when it wakes it'll be configured back to a specific default screen layout.

The issue is that we have many groups coming and going in a room equipped with a C40 dual display, but either they want it for a video call (i.e. remote view on the left display, self-view or presentation on the right display), or just for a local presentation display 'only' (i.e. both monitors displaying the in-room content). The problem is that nobody ever remembers to configure it back to the default setting I keep it at (Video Call left / Self-view or Presentation right).

Is there a Layout Preset I can save within the Standby or Wake mode to where it'll revert back to 'this' default layout after going idle during period of inactivity so that each meeting particpant doesn't have to keep fiddling with the settings every time they go in.....     

7 Replies 7

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There isn't any type of single layout control that can do what you're looking for, but you might be able to use a variety of configurations to get what you want.  On option is to use Non-persistent Mode which when enabled will save the configuration of the endpoint creating default settings, and on reboot reset the endpoint back to this default configuration.

Can you tell us how you're users are using the room and what configurations changes their making, as well as yourself to get it back to a default state?

Yea, the only Layout Control option is to manually press the Layout tab on remote and choose between Prominent (Presentation dual monitor), or Equal (Video Call left / Presentation right). This is all the room is being used for. Video Conference w/ possible shared content (Equal view), or just plain local presentation content on both displays within the room (Prominent view).

The problem is that each group of non tech savvy Execs go in and out of the room on a frequent basis, always changing the layout configuration to meet their needs (video call w/ pres. or just pres. on both screens). And of course when they finish, they leave the layout config as is so that the next group of non tech savvy Execs can bumble around trying to figure things out. 

My only other option would be to print out a picture diagram of the remote and the 2 step process of selecting the "Layout" tab, and then choosing between "Prominent" or "Equal", but I thought surely there had to be a Layout preset that you can save when the codec comes out of wake mode, like there is with the default and possibly preset camera positions. 

Not sure if what you mentioned will work given the fact that a reboot is required to revert it back to its default state. Once I test the system in the morning, it stays on for the rest of the day w/ meetings scheduled in there back to back to back.

We have dual display enabled C40s that use the equal layout, similar to you, and we never have to change the layout or configuration.  For us, the far-end is on monitor one and selfview/presentation is on monitor two when in a call, however the presentation appears on both monitors when out of a call.

It sounds as if your configuration isn't quite correct, or something else is going on, perhaps even user error where they think they need to change something when they really don't.  If you provide a configuration backup of your C40 from Maintenance > Backup and Restore, I can try and replicate your issue, be sure to remove any IP or username/password data from the backup if needed.

Great.. thanks. It sounds like it's a config error on my end because my left monitor does not go back to an auto sensed display of showing content on both monitors when not in a video call (or when when a video call is hang up per se). After looking at the backup I'm wondering if it's because the wall paper is "custom" which is our logo, but being fed from the codec to monitor 1. It's just defaulted with video call left and content right, but in order to show the content on both screens the "layout" tab on the remotes needs to be tapped and "Prominent View" selected. 

Attached is my backup. 

But indeed, it should just be auto sensed to where it acts in a way that you mentioned without the need for people to be fiddling with the configuration controls on the remote.

Thanks 

It's going to be next week until I can load your configuration into a C40 to test it, but just a quick look I'd try and make the below configuration changes, and are based on the codec I tested with the other day.

You should be able to select the Equal layout using the remote control, the layout button right above end call.

• Video Layout LocalLayoutFamily: Auto
  • Video Layout RemoteLayoutFamily: Auto
  • Video Output DVI 2 MonitorRole: Second

To make selfview appear on the second screen when not sharing content:

• Video SelfviewDefault FullscreenMode: On
  • Video SelfviewDefault OnMonitorRole: Second

So just a quick update. The above settings changes were able to in fact bring up both monitors with content shown, and then if needed... selecting to make a video call with the left monitor displaying the codec's far end participant view. However, in order for the left monitor to revert back to the content being shown as is on the right, the change must be made on the remote with the screen layout function. In other words, it doesn't automatically revert back to content shown when ending a video call on the left. So in a nutshell, it still relies on the end user (non tech savvy) to revert it back to "Prominent mode" with the push of the "Layout" function tab on the remote. The change in settings still did simplify the one step (jumping 'to' a video call while content is being shown in dual display mode), but it's just when they want to go back to content on dual display from a video call that they still need to use remote.

Thank you again for your help. It seems as if there's just one change that needs to be made that might include a "persistent mode enabled" that constantly brings both monitors up with content show... before and after a video call begins and ends.   

Whenever we're in a call and content is being displayed, far-end shows on one display and selfview/content on the other, when the call later disconnects the content then appears on both monitors.  I just tested with the configuration backup  you provided, making the adjustments I mentioned in my previous reply and I got the same results.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: