Hi All,

I have a 4X stack of 3750G's with the following info:

Switch Ports Model SW Version SW Image
------ ----- ----- ---------- ----------
* 1 12 WS-C3750G-12S 12.2(35)SE5 C3750-IPSERVICES-M
2 52 WS-C3750-48P 12.2(35)SE5 C3750-IPSERVICES-M
3 52 WS-C3750-48P 12.2(35)SE5 C3750-IPBASE-M
4 52 WS-C3750-48P 12.2(35)SE5 C3750-IPBASE-M

C3750 Boot Loader (C3750-HBOOT-M) Version 12.2(25r)SEE3, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

System image file is "flash:c3750-ipservices-mz.122-35.SE5/c3750-ipservices-mz.122-35.SE5.bin"

The current stack master is switch 1, which is a 12 port fiber switch 3750G-12S. Both switch 1 & 2 have IPServices-M IOS license levels.  It is my understanding that in a switch stack of 3750's, you can mix and match the license levels, and the feature set that is available to you is that of the highest license level in the stack, and if that switch goes down, you lose those additional features.  However, I went to add IP SLA configs to the switch stack to control failover between two ASA's both plugged physically into switch 2 since that one has IP Services, and I do not have the feature available:

SW201RedwoodCore-EUC(config)#ip sla ?
% Unrecognized command
SW201RedwoodCore-EUC(config)#sla ?
% Unrecognized command

Any idea what's going on?  Is it because the stack master is a fiber switch, even though it also has IPServices-M?  Do I need to make switch 2 the stack master?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages wha2tsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Are you sure your IPServices version, on a 3750, supports IP SLA?  (NB: Feature license features are not always consistent across all hardware platforms.)  I don't see it listed in the command reference for your IOS version.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages wha2tsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Are you sure your IPServices version, on a 3750, supports IP SLA?  (NB: Feature license features are not always consistent across all hardware platforms.)  I don't see it listed in the command reference for your IOS version.

Hi Joseph,

On 12.2(35)SE5?  I am not sure to be honest. I thought all IP Services releases for layer 3 switches came with IP SLA. Can you link me what you are looking at?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card