Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sg300 connectivity with router, no internet access from any of the VLAN

Please refer the attached diagram and help.

Thanks 

Jayesh

4 Replies 4

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Jayesh

The most common cause of problems in accessing Internet resources is that Network Address Translation has not been configured. There is not anything in what you have posted that tells us whether you have configured NAT or not. Can you clarify this?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hello Rick,

Thanks for your reply. Attached is the NAT I have configured in my broadband router. I have also attached file showing static routes I have configured in my broads band router. Also a file showing IP routes in switch is attached.

Further I wish to mention that I can not even ping 192.168.1.1 from my Host 1 / Host 2. Though I can ping 192.168.1.231. When I try to tracert 192.168.1.1 from 192.168.2.20 (Host 1) it reaches up to 192.168.2.231 and than I get request timed out.

When I tracert 192.168.1.231 from host 1, the patcket reaches to it in first hop.

Please help.

Thanks  and regards,

Jayesh 

Jayesh Thank you for the additional information. What you have posted does show that NAT is configured for your two host addresses. So NAT is not the issue. What you post showing routing on your broadband router reveals that the router has no route for the subnets for your hosts (192.168.2.0 or 192.168.3.0). So this is one reason why there is not access to Internet, since the router would not be able to forward return traffic to the hosts from the Internet. I am also puzzled by the fact that on the router the route for the Internet and the route for 192.168.1.0 both seem to use the same interface. Perhaps if I knew more about this device there is something that would explain how this would work. But at present I do not see how this could work. HTH Rick
HTH

Rick

paul.hewson
Level 1
Level 1

Jayesh,

Do you still have this problem?

I think i can help.

Regards

Paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card