Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I buy Feature Licences??

tbennett300
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help me out with a question. I have downloaded the Cisco ESA virtual appliance VMDK image and mounted it on a VMare ESXi server. I managed to obtain a 30 day trial licence, so when I installed the appliance, all of the features (Sophos AV, SenderBase etc etc) worked. Now, my 30 day trial is up, but I want to continue to use the services so I therefore need new licences for which I am prepared to pay, if the price is right.

I use the ESA for my own lab and training, after having done the ESA training course, and I want to study for the Field Engineer exam, as well as use the device for my own lab testing, so I need to know how the features work.

After having conversations with a number of suppliers, including Cisco themselves, you would think I'm asking the most complex question ever posed to man, because no one seems to understand what it is I'm after.

I posed the question to one supplier on whether this is what I need:

https://www.cdw.com/shop/products/Cisco-Email-Security-Premium-Bundle-subscription-license-1-year/2900194.aspx

However, after they referred me to Cisco, I'm still no further forward. Now, I have Cisco telling me that I need a 30 minute phone call with one of their partners to discuss my requirements. It's simple. I need a small/cheap licence for an ESA so I can test stuff and learn. That's it. I don't see the purpose of a 30 minute sales call, because I'm just a one man IT contracting company.

Does anyone here know whether the link I've pasted above gives me what I need? If so I'll just order from that link.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Libin Varghese
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Here is an article describing all available license packages

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/email-security/guide-c07-736692.html#_Toc456997483

Cisco Email Security Premium

Combines Inbound and Outbound protection to provide a complete email security solution (Inbound + Outbound); includes license for the Email Security Virtual Appliance

ESA-ESP-LIC=

Bundle Features are mentioned in the article.

Regards

Libin

Greg Hopp
Level 1
Level 1

Yeah near as I can tell, you need to decide what features you want to have and then pay for those features or buy a bundle that includes several, such as image scanning, graymail, AMP, antivirus, etc.

Agreed it's more complex than it needs to be, wish firms were more transparent about the stuff.  Obviously it's not to their competitive advantage.

Greg