Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

UCCX script problem related to Promt

Answered Question
Sep 5th, 2016
User Badges:

Hi there,

I have problem with promt issue in basic UCCX script.I am doing basic lab that requires to get a call ,play promt,redirect call to appropiate CSQ based on typed button number.Everythink is O.K except promt section.It does not play promt when any phone calls trigger number.I have searched in supportforum and get that problem related to path or promt file path (actually,I think that)

I want to mention that my promt is located in en_US folder.I have defined string as "P[promtname.wav]" (tried also "P[en_US\promtname.wav]") for promt tab of  menu item in script ,but nothing happens.

How promt path should be defined correctly? Could anyone help me? Totally confused(

Thanks in advance,

Kanan Huseynli

Correct Answer by Chris Deren about 11 months 2 weeks ago

You can browse it there as well as I pointed out previously.  Otherwise you reference it as P[filename.wav] assuming the prompt is in the default folder i.e. En_US.

Correct Answer by Chris Deren about 11 months 2 weeks ago

Is the prompt recorded with proper codec?

What codec is defined for the system? You can check under System --> System Parameters 

If G711 then ensure the prompt is recorded with CCIT U-law format, sample size of 8-bit, sample rat 8 kHz.

When referencing the prompt instead hard coding the name use the browse repository option and select the prompt that way, if your prompt is properly selected but still does not play try selecting another system defined prompt to see if the issue is with your prompt.

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Correct Answer
Chris Deren Mon, 09/05/2016 - 12:19
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony, Contact Center, Unified Communications

Is the prompt recorded with proper codec?

What codec is defined for the system? You can check under System --> System Parameters 

If G711 then ensure the prompt is recorded with CCIT U-law format, sample size of 8-bit, sample rat 8 kHz.

When referencing the prompt instead hard coding the name use the browse repository option and select the prompt that way, if your prompt is properly selected but still does not play try selecting another system defined prompt to see if the issue is with your prompt.

Kanan Huseynli Tue, 09/06/2016 - 00:02
User Badges:

Okey,thanks..good point,I have not known about this.I will try it.

Could you help how to correctly define path for promt tab of menu item?

regards,

Correct Answer
Chris Deren Tue, 09/06/2016 - 05:52
User Badges:
  • Hall of Fame,
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

You can browse it there as well as I pointed out previously.  Otherwise you reference it as P[filename.wav] assuming the prompt is in the default folder i.e. En_US.

Kanan Huseynli Tue, 09/06/2016 - 11:31
User Badges:

Many thanks to you! I really appreciate your comments.

One more request,do you have any tested .wav file as a welcome promt? Because I have converted my .wav file to appropiate encoded format,but still script does not work properly,so I want to get exact point in which I make mistake.If there is and it is possible please attach .wav here.

Regards,

Chris Deren Tue, 09/06/2016 - 11:31
User Badges:
  • Hall of Fame,
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

You can record this type of prompt with Windows Recorder which is built into every Windows OS. Otherwise there are many free software out there that you can use, such as Audacity. Check out this good blog for more details:

http://www.netcraftsmen.com/uc-toolkit-using-audacity-to-create-and-edit...

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Kanan Huseynli Tue, 09/06/2016 - 11:36
User Badges:

Thanks for your information and support!

King Regards,

Kanan Huseynli

Actions

This Discussion