cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unity connection HA

mkhriesa
Level 1
Level 1

we have 2 CUC 10.5 , when we test the HA, we shutdown the first CUC server , we noticed that the cti ports got not register on the cucm , so the CUC HA notworking fine, please advise what we should configure or check to make ports register to second CUC when the 1st down?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Did you create port groups with ports for each server on CUC side?

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Mohammed Khan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you licensed Secondary CUC, do you have secondary cuc ports registered. Is that a SIP or SCCP integrations.

Try checking telephony integration.

devils_advocate
Level 7
Level 7

How have you configured the Voicemail Ports in CUC?

This is a good guide on CUC clusters:

http://www.unifiedguru.com/how-a-cluster-works-in-unity-connection-10-x/

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What CTI ports are you referring to? Unity Connection does not use any CTI ports for integration, it uses either SIP trunk for SIP integration (preferred) or voicemail SCCP ports for SCCP integration. 

How are the port groups defined on Unity Connection, do you have proper ports for each CUC server?

II didn't have a SIP trunk, I configured it through th wizard on CUCM , then creat the port on unity, then I got it register with unity primary ip address , when I shutdown the unity it didn't go to secondary?

Did you create port groups with ports for each server on CUC side?

I create one group , I didn't see the option to choose CUC for the ports?

For a unique Port Group, you would see an option to create ports in the top right corner under "Related Links" --> "Add Ports".

It is recommended that you create unique port groups of each node in SCCP integration.

>>In case of Cluster, create two Port Groups in Unity followed by Ports in each port group.

>> Create the ports in CUCM and mapping would be done on the basis of "Device Name Prefix" of Port Group in Unity Connection.

For Unity Publisher : Use Device Name Prefix of Port group of the Publisher to map Ports in CUCM to unity PUB.

For Unity Subscriber: Use Device Name Prefix of Port group of the Subscriber to map Ports in CUCM to unity SUB.