Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CER 9.0.1 over subscription of phones than licenses

DJ Kulkarni
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have issue where the number of phones discovered in CER are more and I can see them in un allocated phones tab and the number of licenses are 160 

No of phones discovered 741

Please let me know what the CER do update the information of un allocated phones ?? is it necessary to get new licenses installed ??

Regards,

DJ

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to license every phone discovered by CER as discovered by CER from CUCM via AXL. In version 10.X of CER you can exclude phones based on specific subnets defined for exclusion, but that option does not exist in version 9. So, either license all of your phones or upgrade to newer version (consider CUCM compatibility).

Hi

Thanks so in 9.x if I have 500 licenses and 600 phone will the 100 unlicensed phones not update information in CER if they are moved or something like that ??

Regards,

DJ

It will continue to work, see licenses section here:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cer/9_0/english/administration/guide/CER0_BK_CBC9B8B3_00_cisco-emergency-responder-admin-guide/CER0_BK_CBC9B8B3_00_cisco-emergency-responder-admin-guide_chapter_01.html#CER0_TP_L194A9E8_00

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: