cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

891-w and TrustSec

moody
Level 1
Level 1

Hi - i have an 891-w with a dmvpn tunnel to the main site where the ap in the 891 is able to connect to the wlc in the data center.  my issue is users aren't able to connect - and i was told i needed to setup trustsec for the users to gain access.  a few quick questions:

1 - is this setup documented anywhere????

2 - if i get this going do i need to deploy trustsec everywhere (scary since i know very little about it)

1 Reply 1

mjessup
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

TrustSec is related to the ability to create security policies based on Security Group Tags. These Security Group Tags are then associated with devices' IP Addresses. This association can be statically defined via CLI or dynamically assigned after successful authentication/authorization at ISE. If TrustSec has not been deployed in your environment, it is not the problem. TrustSec is not required to for what you are trying to do.

TrustSec USED to be associated with not only Security Group Tags but 802.1X authentication via RADIUS to ISE. This may have been what they were referring to.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: