Views
Helpful
Replies

Peoplesoft Tidal Job: Run New occurrence vs. Rerun same occurance

jeff.hamway01
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I am using Tidal 6.0.3 and scheduling a PeopleSoft Query job.  What is the difference with  ' Run New Occurrence' and 'Rerun Same Occurrence'

Do these choices also get applied to the PSQuery instance where it will re-run the PSQuery if you choose ' Run New Occurrence' in the tidal scheduler?

Thanks in advance

Jeff

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This answer is not specific to PS ...

The new occurrence creates a new instance of the job that you ran. For example if your Tidal job id was 100, the new occurrnece would be 101. You will see two entries in the run history.

where as

Rerun occurrence simply reruns the same job and retains the same Tidal job id. In this example, it would be 100. itself. You will see only one instance in the job run history. The job output in TES also gets overwritten.

In both cases, the backend action generally is the same(re-run of the query). I would assume the same for PS jobs as well

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

This answer is not specific to PS ...

The new occurrence creates a new instance of the job that you ran. For example if your Tidal job id was 100, the new occurrnece would be 101. You will see two entries in the run history.

where as

Rerun occurrence simply reruns the same job and retains the same Tidal job id. In this example, it would be 100. itself. You will see only one instance in the job run history. The job output in TES also gets overwritten.

In both cases, the backend action generally is the same(re-run of the query). I would assume the same for PS jobs as well

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: