cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Emoticons not showing in Jabber

mmcdoniel
Level 1
Level 1

The Jabber emoticons box is empty. It just says choose a Smiley.

I have uninstalled Jabber and re-installed. I checked and the emoticons library is there. The XML files are correct. The box is still empty.

I have this happening on 2 separate laptops in the office.

Anybody who has seen this or that may have a solution would be appreciated.

6 Replies 6

Joe Vallender
Level 3
Level 3

What Jabber version and what OS is it installed on?  Are you registering Jabber to a server and if so, what is it and what software version is it running?

Its version 11.7.

It' is connecting through a server but all of the people here are connecting through the same server and this the only time I have ever seen this. As a matter of fact we have like 15 IT service desk people all over the country and its the first time any of us has seen it.

It appears there is something different about the installation/configuration of Jabber on those two laptops.  A stare and compare of the configuration of a working laptop and one of the failing laptops should help. You might also look at the Jabber log file on a failing laptop. There might be a reference to accessing the emoticon file.

Were you able to fix yours?  I know this is an old thread but I looked everywhere for an answer and found nothing.  So I started tinkering, and figured out how to fix mine.  Exit Jabber, delete (or rename) the file

C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\History\user.db

(replace "User" with your own username)

and restart Jabber.  It recreated it and the smileys are back.  Hope this helps someone else someday.

Thanks for that update.  It always helps to see whether someone's issue is solved and how.

m.ranger
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

same problem here. It is working fo all jabbers running on citrix desktop. Problem exist only on notebooks.

Jabber Version 11.7.0 42920

Do you have a solution for this problem in the meantime?

Best regards

Manfred

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: