Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SRW2024P Vlan help

Lee Kelly
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

Hope i am posting in the right spot as im new here :-). Im hoping you can help me with some information and ideas about a few ideas i have for our home network. Firstly i have just bought a second hand Cisco SRW2024P which is working well. We have about 20 devices hooked up to this and seems to be coping well. What i want to do is get some ideas for creating vlans to sort out a few problems i am having. We have 5 smart Tvs which connect to the switch, 4 Sonos speakers, a WD cloud media streaming box and a few other devices. When i turn on my TVs and select an input the media streamer pops up which is great as its supposed to, but unfortunately so do the Sonos devices (Even thought they cant do nothing there just slowing it down) how should i go about using vlans to correct this, and would it work as the TVs all need access to the internet etc. I am also thinking of getting another media streamer just for our films which we would then not want to kids tvs to be able to access. I am fairly clued up on networking but never ventured into Vlans yet. All help and ideas appreciated.

Regards

Lee

0 Replies 0