cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS OVA adding second NIC breaks first NIC

Chris Bomba
Level 4
Level 4

I am testing CMS 2.0 and when I try to add a second NIC in VMware, it immediately breaks the first NIC.  As soon as the image loads, the first NIC is unresponsive.  Even if I disable iface b, it won't allow any traffic out of or into iface a.  If I shutdown the app, remove the NIC and start it back up again it works just fine to iface a.

I want to test the public facing functionality with the box but I can't if I can't add a second NIC.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

How are you adding the second network interface, and which interface did you add?

You should be adding type "VMXNET3" if using VMWare, if you chose something else, you will invalidate your license, see section 3.3 in the CMS 2.0 Installation Guide for Virtualized Deployments.

If you need additional assistance, you should move this thread to the TelePresence section of the forums, where this device is actively discussed.  You can edit your question and change the categories at the bottom of the page.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris Bomba
Level 4
Level 4

I have a demo license and it looks like if I have only one NIC and I display the license I see all the features that are enabled.  After adding the second NIC, I display the license and nothing shows up.  I know I gave the MAC address of iface a when getting the demo license but why would adding the second NIC break that?  It doesn't change the MAC address of iface a when the second NIC is added.

Chris

How are you adding the second network interface, and which interface did you add?

You should be adding type "VMXNET3" if using VMWare, if you chose something else, you will invalidate your license, see section 3.3 in the CMS 2.0 Installation Guide for Virtualized Deployments.

If you need additional assistance, you should move this thread to the TelePresence section of the forums, where this device is actively discussed.  You can edit your question and change the categories at the bottom of the page.

NIC type should be VMXNET 3.

no two interfaces have IP addresses in same subnet.

try giving the 2nd interface a different IP address in different VLAN/Subnet.

HTH

AMMAR 

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.