Helpful
Replies

Collector ran successfully, no data in portal

jdixon-nhsc
Level 1
Level 1

Appliance ID: CSP0009024239

Northern Hospital of Surry County

Just of phone with Hernani and instructed to open post to find out why collector data is not mapping to portal. He checked and did not find the issue. 

Jeff Dixon

9 Replies 9

Lynden Price
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jeff,

In your collector, go to: Reports > Inventory Jobs and check the status of the last inventory job.

Then check Reports > Job Management Reports > Upload Jobs and check the status of the last upload job.

Thanks,

Lynden

Inventory Job:

Completed Success Mon, Sep 12, 2016 13:33:14 -0400 Mon, Sep 12, 2016 13:34:56 -0400 

Upload Jobs:

Shows no data

The collection profile is set to export and to upload to remote server

Do you see an entry on the SNTC portal under Library > Administration > Upload Processing?

no it doesn't

Does your network use a proxy for outbound traffic? It could be successfully connecting to the proxy and then being blocked from that point.

We do have Ironport WSA. I've bypassed this in the FW and i'm rerunning the collection profile. I checked the FW logs previously and it wasn't blocked there. 

on the connection profile log the error i'm seeing is this:

Unable to send the profile results to the Cisco Backend. Reason:peer not authenticated

I'm not certain if i needed an upload profile and job created as it was not in any notes i saw but i tried creating one just now also and below where the results of running this. Again that may not have been needed just giving it a shot but it failed also. 

Upload Phase :INITIALIZE_FILES Upload Phase Status :RUNNING JobStatus :RUNNING
Upload Phase :INITIALIZE_FILES Upload Phase Status :SUCCESSFUL JobStatus :RUNNING
Upload Phase :DUMPING_UPLOAD_DATA Upload Phase Status :RUNNING JobStatus :RUNNING
Upload Phase :DUMPING_UPLOAD_DATA Upload Phase Status :SUCCESSFUL JobStatus :RUNNING
Upload Phase :ZIP_FILE_CREATION Upload Phase Status :SUCCESSFUL JobStatus :SUCCESS
Upload job completed successfully. Upload File Location :/opt/cisco/ss/adminshell/applications/CSPC/uploaddata/_Upload_Profile/41_1
TransactionId/Conn resp =
Upload Phase :UPLOAD_TO_BACKEND Upload Phase Status :RUNNING JobStatus :RUNNING
Upload Phase :UPLOAD_TO_BACKEND Upload Phase Status :FAILED JobStatus :FAILED

I would re-run the upload since you already created it and watch the firewall. It could be blocked, or it could be a certificate issue, in which case there are some other things we can try.

How can I prove it is a Certificate error? I have verified all of the firewall ports are open and I rebuilt the collector in January and can see that it is collecting devices but the upload to the portal continues to fail.

Hi Nathan,

Could you SSH in to the collector and run the following command:

telnet 72.163.7.113 443

And see if that is successful?

You can also see some step by step troubleshooting options here on my blog:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/blog/12987426/self-service-onboarding-where-my-upload-cspc-collector-troubleshooting

Thanks,

Lynden

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: