cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV130! IOS 10 removed PPTP! What do I do now?

Hi all, I just purchased the RV130 last week!  I search around, and found that the iOS or I should say iPhone does not support the version of IPSec on the RV130!   PPTP is the only way for me to connect my RV130 at home from my iPhone.

I updated my phone to IOS 10 last night, I came to work...  Only to find out IOS10 had removed the support for PPTP!

What should I do now!???  Is there a client or something that work with my just puchased RV130?  Or I just lost over $100???

18 Replies 18

jankol_lin_
Level 1
Level 1

I have same problem, my laptop could connect to VPN through IPsec,but my iphone fails always.

Same pb. I really doubt Cisco will ever provide a quickvpn client for iOS so the conclusion is : never buy something from Cisco or Apple ever again !

Yea we screwed. Take a look at this.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12399771/rv130-and-iphone

Someone already ask this questions 2 years ago. And still CISCO did nothing. What worst I just bought this last week. And now it is junk for me,  And I google around, NetGear support IPSEC to iPhone and they been doing it scene 2012!

Go get yourself a NetGear VPN!

Take a look at this Netgear PDF, it show you how to setup a IPSEC VPN connection. Never buy a CISCO again!

http://kb.netgear.com/ci/fattach/get/1078/0/filename/NETGEAR-AppNote-IPSecPolicy-iPhone+%284%29.pdf

same problem. and It bothers me because before purchase I touched base with the tecnical support to investigate and ask the right model for my requirement to establish a succesful connection by remote users using Iphone native iPSEC VPN client, and WiFi. And They suggested me the RV130...

Then I came back to complain and they first apologize then suggested me RV320!!!!!!!!!

I think all Cisco don't support IPSEC for iphone VPN client.

sorry, I believe Cisco is very great quality... but I have no more trust!

I also have an RV320 and iPhone running IOS10.

IPSec VPN connection with iOS built-in VPN client is running fine to the RV320!

I have just switched some weeks ago from PPTP vpn to IPSec.

No need for any additional software installed on the iPhone.

The only real issue here is, that you are not able to save the password for this VPN connection :-(

As my VPN password is quite complex, this is really getting annoying.

As far as I understood, this is something that the router tells the client.

So the client-side is not able to store the password.

I haven't found an option yet on the RV320 to change this behavior.

Cheers.

@ CDRom1231

Did you manage to solve your password storage problem ?

No, sorry, still an open problem for me.

I've been playing around Apple mobileconfig configuration files, but I am forced to enter passord as well.

I think we need a solution from cisco on that issue.

Hello, have yoiu looked at this following site information: 

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT206844

Seriously, this thread is almost a year.  I got myself a netgear prosafe and never look back.  Period....  Just throw the CISCO into the garbage and get it over with!

Hi Glenn,

IPSEC VPN is working fine, but the real pain in the ass is, that we always have to re-enter the password once the VPN tunnel is established.

Even so when I enable "save password" on the iPhone. The RV320 always asks again again for the password once I establish VPN.

From other posts regarding "real" cisco routers/ASA, I know that there is a setting to enable or disable the feature to let the client device save the password.

But on the RV320 there simply is no setting to change that.

Would be good to get a fix for that on a future firmware update!

Brgds.

EDIT:

See that post as well: https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/13191296/rv320-vpn-demand-without-password-entry

I have the exact same experience.  I use their chat feature. I explicitly stated that I needed a new VPN router with WiFi to replace my RV220W.  I explicitly stated that it needed to support the native VPN within IOS10. 

I was told the RV130W did this.  I got it home, and it does not.  Guess what is getting shipped back to amazon!

It appears my only solution if I am sticking with Cisco would be to get the RV320 and then get and External AP. 

Geert Calaerts
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Cisco,

What VPN ipsec client software, running on IPhone ios10, do you recommend to use with RV130 ?

Regards

You don't need any VPN software on iPhone, it is build in.  But CISCO Router doesn't support it!  That why I sold my router and got a Netgear!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: