Views
Helpful
Replies

Telepresence room endpoints and conference room resource booking configuration

rashmi814
Level 1
Level 1

All,

I have question regarding reserving conference resources using MS outlook. I have mailboox associated with each conference room resources. As part of integration of TMS and TMSXE, I need to create mailbox for video endpoint. I have below question as part of configuration where if I need to only reserve conference but not video bridge. 

1> Do I need separate mailbox for conference room and video endpoint?

2> If I reserved room resource which tie with video bridge, does it use video bridge automatically?

Is there any option available in template where we can configure if we want to reserve video bridge as part of booking conference room?

Thanks,

3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I can't answer #1, but in regards to #2, the conference will use the default conference options set within TMS under Admin Tools > Configuration > Conference Settings. 

The following options would determine the usage of an MCU in conferences:

• External MCU Usage in Routing
  • Preferred MCU Type in Routing

Thanks Partick. I have External MCU usage in routing  set as Always and Prefferec MCU type in routing as Telepresence Conductor.

I know what's second option does, it automatically select telepresence conductor to manage conference. Not sure what's first setting for.

Always means the preferred MCU that is selected will always be used in conferences. So in your case, Conductor will always be added to every scheduled conference, using it's highest priority conference alias that's configured in TMS.