Kevin100
Level 1
Level 1

Hai

we have one customer with 5508 sso,

its connected to two edge switches then edge 

connected to core all trunk ,core is the DHCP

server.The issue is clients can get ip

but no traffic pass outside gateway at core.

no error logged. Tested different switches same. 

It was working before .

Entiire network  works on LAN , no issues

anybody face similar issues 

7 Replies 7

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

To be honest, we have seen this also:)  What I would check is that nothing has really changed as in our case something did. 

• Verify that the interfaces on the WLC has the proper setting
  • Verify that spanning tree is forwarding the wireless user vlan out to the core
  • Verify that AP's are in the proper AP group and the group is defined correctly 
  • Connect a laptop to a port in the same switch as the WLC that is on the wireless subnet and test

These are some things I typically verify first. The last bullet point will eliminate if the wireless is the issue or not. 

You also didn't mention your setup, local mode or flex and what controller, controller version and AP's you have. 

-Scott

*** Please rate helpful posts ***

-Scott

Thanks for reply , I found only problem with

apple devices, windows and android good.

using 5508 country code kw , tried US

code 8.0.120 

any one had this issue 

multicast enabled , tried with wireless n and Ac still iPhone and mac getting ip from dhcp

but no data flow outside , 5508 in local mode

thank you

Well since it is only with Apple devices, post your show WLAN <WLAN ID> so we can see how your SSID is setup. 

If you test with an open SSID, does the Apple device work?  That will eliminate at least the controller and point to your other SSID  

-Scott

-Scott

Hai

thanks for reply , I tried removing security making it open, still not working, I have only one SSID,I will

send it soon

thank you

Hai please find attached full config, please  note only apple devices issue and from apple mac cannot ping even management interface of controller ,only ssid mapped interface can be ping.

windows, android all good.

thanks for all support, please help this strange issue

I don't see any attachment.

-Scott 

-Scott

Thanks for all posts 

I was able to solve it by changing country and some practices mentioned here

Thank you

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-2/b_Enterprise_Best_Practices_for_Apple_Devices_on_Cisco_Wireless_LAN.pdf

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12068941/common-apple-ios-and-cisco-wireless-related-issues

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card