cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to remove old devices from "managed device" list ?

networkops1
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to know how to remove old (decommissioned) devices from managed device list on version 2.2 ?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Lynden Price
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Go to Management > Unmanage Devices and select the devices you want to remove. Click the right arrow to move them into the right pane, and then select the "unmanage" button.

Thanks,

Lynden

View solution in original post

The "discovery and manage device" does a small snmp poll to determine if the device is reachable and then adds it to the managed device list. It does not do a full poll.

The "run collection profile" will actually run a full inventory on any device in the manage device list. This includes all the information needed for the SNTC reports.

For firewall, you should only need to add each physical firewall, but make certain you are polling the correct context that has SNMP enabled. The same applies to Nexus switches. Make certain you are polling the correct VDC.

Thanks,

Lynden

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Lynden Price
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Go to Management > Unmanage Devices and select the devices you want to remove. Click the right arrow to move them into the right pane, and then select the "unmanage" button.

Thanks,

Lynden

Hey Lynden Price,

Thanks for reply. If I have multiple devices to get rid of and want to start fresh from scratch, do you know what to do ? I have mix of old (decommissioned) devices with production device. If I can wipe out everything and discover/add devices based on new IP range.

In that case you can go to:

Management > Unmanage Device and select the option for "all devices" and then unmanage.

Once that is done, you can go to:

Management > Discovery and Manage Devices and select the option to scan a range. Input the range (first and last address or by CIDR notation) and then select the SNMP protocol on the last page. That should scan the range of IPs and automatically add the discovered devices into the managed device list.

Thanks,

Lynden

It worked great. Thanks!! 

Can you please tell me what does "Run collection profile" do ? How it is different then "discovery and manage device" ?

For context on firewall do we need to add each context or physical firewall ?

For nexus switches do we need to add  VDCs or directly single switch ?

Thanks for very helpful answer 

The "discovery and manage device" does a small snmp poll to determine if the device is reachable and then adds it to the managed device list. It does not do a full poll.

The "run collection profile" will actually run a full inventory on any device in the manage device list. This includes all the information needed for the SNTC reports.

For firewall, you should only need to add each physical firewall, but make certain you are polling the correct context that has SNMP enabled. The same applies to Nexus switches. Make certain you are polling the correct VDC.

Thanks,

Lynden

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: