Views
Helpful
Replies

Stop routing on user busy

gmartindell
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I know this topic has been beat to death but I need a sanity check.   Here is my configuration:

CUBE SIP trunk 01 1st choice in RL

CUBE SIP trunk 02 2nd choice in RL

MGCP PRIs 3rd choice in RL

When a user places a call to the PSTN on SIP trunk 01 and that end device is busy, we receive a "486 Busy Here" from our SIP provider.   CUCM then sends the call to SIP trunk 02 which also receives a "486 Busy Here" message.   CUCM then sends the call to the MGCP PRIs.   Checking the CUCM service parameters, I see that "Stop routing on user busy" is set to false which would explain the above behavior.

Naturally I want failover within my route list when a trunk is down or full (trunk busy) but do not want failover when the far end device is busy.   Will setting the service parameter "Stop routing on user busy" to "True" (default) affect failover in my route list when my SIP trunks are busy?   I do not believe it will, but want to make sure before making a change to a production system.   If it will not affect failover within my route list, under what circumstances would one want to set this parameter to "True"

Thanks,

Glenn

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: