Call Center and Office IP telephony Design

Answered Question
Oct 3rd, 2016
User Badges:

Hi , 

I hope you guys doing fine , 

I have a problem , I am a network engineer and assigned the task of designing the below : 

1- Call Center with 14 Agents , this should include reporting , call transfer etc...  . 

2- IP telephony for office with 80 extensions , this should include mobility features and voice mail etc ... ,this is in the SAME office as the Call Center .

3- IP telephony for 50 branches connected using MPLS and the routers in the branches are 887/k9 routers . 

what should I do and what are the software / hardware that should I purchase .

Please, any help and guidelines would be most appreciated   .

Note : I have CCNA VoIP 

Regards ,

Fahad 

Correct Answer by Jonathan Unger about 6 months 3 weeks ago

Hi Fahad,

There are 3 main documents you should be aware of when it comes to designing collaboration solutions.

1. Cisco Preferred Architecture for Collaboration
  • High level document which can help determine which design to choose based on your business objectives.

• Cisco Validated Design
    • Provides step by step instructions for deploying various Cisco UC applications.

• Cisco Collaboration Solution Reference Network Design (SRND)
    • The holy grail of detailed technical information for Cisco collaboration solutions. This 1200+ page beast of a document contains pretty much everything you would ever want to know (and more) about Cisco Collaboration technologies.

All of the above guides can be found here:
    http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/enterprise/design-zone-collaboration/index.html 

You should also be familiar with the various installation and administration guides for the various products you will be deploying (CUCM, Unity Connection, CCX, etc...). All of this documentation can be found on cisco.com in the support section.

When it comes to ordering hardware, software, and licenses I would highly recommend leveraging a Cisco partner with a Collaboration specialization to assist you. They will be able to understand your needs more in depth and provide guidance along the whole process from order to implementation.

Hope this helps,

- Jon

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
    Correct Answer
    Jonathan Unger Mon, 10/03/2016 - 21:20
    User Badges:
    • Silver, 250 points or more

Hi Fahad,

There are 3 main documents you should be aware of when it comes to designing collaboration solutions.

1. Cisco Preferred Architecture for Collaboration
    • High level document which can help determine which design to choose based on your business objectives.

• Cisco Validated Design
    • Provides step by step instructions for deploying various Cisco UC applications.

• Cisco Collaboration Solution Reference Network Design (SRND)
    • The holy grail of detailed technical information for Cisco collaboration solutions. This 1200+ page beast of a document contains pretty much everything you would ever want to know (and more) about Cisco Collaboration technologies.

All of the above guides can be found here:
    http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/enterprise/design-zone-collaboration/index.html 

You should also be familiar with the various installation and administration guides for the various products you will be deploying (CUCM, Unity Connection, CCX, etc...). All of this documentation can be found on cisco.com in the support section.

When it comes to ordering hardware, software, and licenses I would highly recommend leveraging a Cisco partner with a Collaboration specialization to assist you. They will be able to understand your needs more in depth and provide guidance along the whole process from order to implementation.

Hope this helps,

- Jon

efahadalsadon Sun, 10/09/2016 - 00:55
    User Badges:

Hi Jon , 

Thank you so much , that was very helpful.

Best Regards ,

Fahad 

Actions

This Discussion