Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voicemails auto deleting

I have a few users who are having their voicemail delete on its own.  

A voicemail is left and the MWI light will turn on and an email will come to the users inbox.  After roughly a minute or so, the MWI light will turn off and the email will be permanently deleted.  When they login to voicemail via the phone, the message is in the deleted items folder.

There are no rules setup in Outlook and they are nowhere near having their mailbox quota full.

Ideas?

5 Replies 5

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Couple of things I've seen cause this in the past:

1. Outlook rules - I know you mentioned there were no rules setup in Outook, but this can cause the issue.

1. Outlook or another device being set to delete messages from the server when they are downloaded - this is a common setting with POP3.

Brandon

I checked to see if they had a smart phone with their email setup on it, and they do not.

This really has me confused.

I am wondering if deleting their mailbox and recreating will work..??

You can try but I would say it's not likely to solve the problem. There is likely a device checking their box, a rule in Outlook, mail is forwarded to another address, etc.

Brandon

OK.  I am going to meet with one of the users tomorrow and double check all their mail settings and see if I find anything.

Thanks.

After removing email account from her Android phone, issue went away, as soon as I added the mail account the issue came back.  Setup via an Exchange account on her phone.  Not sure why it would only pick the emails with the voicemail attachments to delete and not any other email.