cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CAD Finesse Mixed Mode and Phasing out CAD

LibinBenedict
Level 1
Level 1

We are using CAD-Finesse mixed mode with 10.6(1)SU2 and now almost all agents are familiar with Finesse. We need to now slowly phase out CAD. Is there anyway we can prevent the agents from logging into CAD. Uninstalling is an option, but is there a better way like disabling some services meant only for CAD. The intention is if we want to use CAD later on, we can simply enable the services.

We also have some agents who use IPPA.

Kindly provide your valuable suggestions.

8 Replies 8

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Libin, feel free to stop all the services under Desktop Services section by going into Cisco Unified CCX Serviceability as they are only responsible for CAD and IPPA and nothing else.

I am also attaching a screenshot of CCX serviceability page from UCCX 11 version in my lab wherein you will see there are no Desktop Services in it since it is all Finesse starting 11.x

Regards

Deepak

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for the response.

The problem is that we have a few IPPA agents who will continue to use the same.

If we disable the Desktop Services, IPPA agents will also be affected? Or IPPA use Finesse instead of CAD in 10.6(1)SU2?

How is IPPA functionality in UCCX 11.x?

Thanks,

Libin Benedict

Libin, in that case leave Browser and IP Phone Agent Service started that is for IPPA. Starting version 11, there is no IPPA but Finesse IP Phone Service. More details below:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_11_0/config/guide/UCCX_BK_U2F148AE_00_unified-ccx-administration-guide/UCCX_BK_U2F148AE_00_unified-ccx-administration-guide_chapter_010110.html#CFIN_TP_F554A61F_00

Regards

Deepak

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for the advice. I will check this and let you know an update.

Regards,

Libin Benedict

No issues Libin, please remember to rate helpful posts and mark the answers as Correct when applicable so that these posts can stay on top and help others with similar issue in the community.

Regards

Deepak

Hi Deepak,

I stopped the Desktop Services on both PUB and SUB except the Browser and IPPA Service.

1. Now it shows the VOIP Monitor Subsystem Out of Service. Does this have any impact on the functioning of the call center? 

2. We have Calabrio Recording in place. I see that some Desktop services are for Recording (for eg, Cisco Desktop Recording and Playback Service and Cisco Desktop Recording and Statistics Service).

Kindly advise.

Thanks and Regards,

Libin Benedict

1. Now it shows the VOIP Monitor Subsystem Out of Service. Does this have any impact on the functioning of the call center? 

Answer: This will only come into picture if you are using UCCX for monitoring and recording purpose

2. We have Calabrio Recording in place. I see that some Desktop services are for Recording (for eg, Cisco Desktop Recording and Playback Service and Cisco Desktop Recording and Statistics Service).

Answer: Calabrio does not use these Desktop services, they will only come into effect if you are using UCCX for recording and monitoring but since you are using Calabrio for this, that should not be a problem.

Regards

Deepak

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for the clarification.

Here is what happened for IPPA agents:

I stopped all except Browser and IPPA Service under Desktop Services, but IPPA requires Cisco Desktop LDAP Monitor Service (we got some LDAP error while launching IPPA) and Cisco Desktop License and Resource Manager Service (for license). So we had to enable both these services again and this made CAD available for login and take calls.

So, we have advised the IPPA agents to start using Finesse so that we can stop all of the services under Desktop Services.

Thanks,

Libin Benedict

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: