Views
Helpful
Replies

Precision 60 Presenter questions

David Kos
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Gentlemen,

I'm working with an engineer that is trying to get some specs in regards to the Precision 60 Camera using the Presenter option.

1. General camera question- Is there a distance limitation for the HDMI and the RJ45 cables that connect the Precision 60 camera to a SX80?  The SX80 is in a codec farm and might possibly require 500 ft cable runs between the camera and the codec.  The camera would be powered via a separate power supply.  Are there any max distances for those cable runs? or are they dictated by HDMI limitations and RJ45 limitations?

2. Can the Precision 60 camera run in the Presenter mode on its own without a Speaker Track camera in the room?

3. If a Precision 60 camera is in the rear of a room that has a 60 ft depth, will the camera be close enough to the speaker to be able to track them properly with Presenter Track or are there any distance limitations?

Thanks in advance for your time and help with the questions above.

1 Reply 1

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You will need to obey HDMI and network limitations, because you need to send HDMI video over a long distance, you'll need to use an extender.

PresenterTrack can run without SpeakerTrack 60, it isn't a requirement.

I'm not sure of the limitations on distance for PresenterTrack or the Precision 60 camera.  When setting up PresenterTrack, you can zoom the camera in to create the "stage", the area where the presenter can walk around in while being tracked.  This should allow you to get somewhat closer to the presenter, but not sure by how much.  To get an idea of what I'm talking about, take a look as the PresenterTrack section in the SX80 CE8.2 Admin Guide on pg 55.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: