cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN BRI

Docklands
Level 1
Level 1

The Cisco 1-Port ISDN BRI S/T WAN interface card and associated 2900 & 3900 ISR have been given an end-of-life.

Since there is no replacement for the interface card, does anyone know of device that will fulfil this function?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

End-of-Sale Product Part Number

Product Description

Replacement Product Part Number

Replacement Product Description

Additional Information

EM-4BRI-NT/TE

4-port voice/fax expansion module - BRI (NT and TE)

NIM-4BRI-NT/TE=

4-port Network Interface Module - BRI (NT and TE)

Doc shows the replacement for the mods going eol

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/2900-series-integrated-services-routers-isr/eos-eol-notice-c51-737888.pdf

We have the above  NIM only in 2 port rather than 4 now in our new 4331s after moving off the 3900s as they were eol , I believe the 4321s support these mods as well

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

End-of-Sale Product Part Number

Product Description

Replacement Product Part Number

Replacement Product Description

Additional Information

EM-4BRI-NT/TE

4-port voice/fax expansion module - BRI (NT and TE)

NIM-4BRI-NT/TE=

4-port Network Interface Module - BRI (NT and TE)

Doc shows the replacement for the mods going eol

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/2900-series-integrated-services-routers-isr/eos-eol-notice-c51-737888.pdf

We have the above  NIM only in 2 port rather than 4 now in our new 4331s after moving off the 3900s as they were eol , I believe the 4321s support these mods as well

Thank you Mark.

I have sent off the NIM-4BRI-NT/TE= data sheet off to Mitel, the PABX manufacturer, to ask if it is compatible with their ISDN BRI card. I'll let you know the answer. We intend to use the module in the 4000 series.

I have another question on the 4000 series. The 4000 model comparison table shows the 16 to 48-port Ethernet switch modules being compatible with the 4331, 4351 and 4451 but if you follow the link to the data sheet it says it is only compatible with the 4451. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card