Views
Helpful
Replies

First time setting up OTV - Partial Adjacency problem

vishal.vadia1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have two DC's A and B, A has a pair of 7710's, DC has no Nexus kit in yet. I have 3 aggregation VDC's running on each 7k and a OTV VDC in each 7k as well. I am trying to setup OTV on the two OTV edge devices in DC A, just to learn the configuration and get the local site adjacency working, however I can only get a partial adjacency.

Each OTV VDC has a point to point connection to our core vdc, this is on a /31 network running ospf, the core vdc is where the future DCI will be. I have igmp enabled on these join interfaces

The OTV VDC has visibility of 3 aggregration VDC's via L2 trunk links, I have added a test VLAN on here to extend and also added the site-id vlan on these trunks. The site VLAN is created in the otv vdc and all the aggregration vdc's. All my links to the core vdc's (join link) have a MTU size of 1600 configured.

If I check the output with show otv, the site VLAN is up butfor AED-Capable I get "No (No Overlay Remote Adjacency up" this is the same on both OTV VDC's

Show otv site shows the adjacency state is Partial and I cannot understand why, I've looked at countless websites and videos and the config is quite simple.

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: