Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP phones restart and change registeration server

Hello Guys,

Here in my company cucm11 and ip phones bunch of the 88xx, 78xx,79xx and 97xx phones.

everything is going well except for one thing...

Sometimes apparently for no reason the ip phone restart by it self "restart not reset" and I noticed that the server change it's cm registration server.

the active server or stand-by server.

I though of something related to the firewall and after checking the firewall there was nothing dropped or anything that may cause that. and sometimes it occurs on a specific phones.

well, heart beat between the phones and their cucm registered? may be, so what are the reasons, why that happen and how to tune it to avoid this from happening because sometimes employees complain that.

Thank you in advance.

MR.

5 Replies 5

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mohammad,

If the phones are changing the registration to the other servers in the callmanager group then definitely there is a network issues between cucm and IP phones. If the issue is happening very frequently on the phones connected to a specific switch or of a certain device pool then you may enable packet captures there to find the root cause.

Manish

Thank you Manish...

you explanation seems logical to me and i thought that too but..

- my phone and the phone sample am talking about on same switch , same port config, and same pool.

- anyway let me navigate through the packet capturing and see.

- you mean by capture, switch 2960 span port session, or enabling the span to pc port from the device settings in the cucm11 ? .

Thank you

Hi Mohammad,

You can either capture the traffic from some specific IP phones or capture the entire Voice traffic from the switch to have a bigger chance of capturing the traffic from the affected phone.

Manish

Hi Manish

I will try to have a chance to capture traffic even though it's difficult to meet moment of restart cos it's very few and see what's going on.

Thank you for your ideas Manish.

Hi Manish...

I have asked a question on this forum weeks ago but got no answers!!!

I was trying to find an open source system that provide me with free voice mail service.

any suggestions? when googling, seems very unclear to me.

Thank you in advance :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: