Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5516-x strange Power!

jskelley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

I was wondering if anyone has seen this before.

I have 2x ASA's in a HA pair that have been built in a DC and running for 6 weeks.

This weekend we went live with this pair for VPN and web services.  We had to move the secondary to a new PSU installed in the rack and it would not power back up!  We raised a RMA and got a replacement from TAC.

When I was unplugging the ports of the ASA to fit the replacement  it came to life!! I plugged all the ports back in and it it staid up.  

To test this I failed over to the Secondary and powered down the Primary.  Oddly when I powered back up the Primary same thing happened - it would not power up until I unplugged the ports g1/1-3 and then it came to life!

To make sure I was not going made I powered up the new box from TAC and the same thing happened again - so three ASA's all with the same power up issue.  Drop dead but unplug the first 3 ports its comes to life.

I had the PSU's checked by the DC guys and all power is fine in the racks.

Each ASA is plugged  into separate 4503's. (not VSS pair)

Has anyone ever seen this type of thing before?

Many thanks in advance if you can shed any light on this odd issue.

Thanks

J

1 Reply 1

tory.post
Level 1
Level 1

This works 100%.  5 Stars

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: