cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Same client with Multiple sites on Same Metro-Network (for E-LAN service)

NAGISWAREN2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Knowing that each site client site will eventually connected to PE, where the PE has VPLS configuration and the metro network switch the packet based on Layer 2 info. This if the remote client site in another metro network which is behind another PE.

Now my question is , what if the same client has 2 location on the same Metro Network ?  is this both location need to communicate via PE , or will be directly communicate over Metro Network only ? I need some design guide . Thanks.   

Regards, Nagis
1 Reply 1

Dear NAGISWAREN2.

Nowadays I'm working with MetroEthernet Virtual Circuit Based, it means we've a MPLS Network and Virtual Circuits carrying services (l2vpn). So, we've just one customer using VPLS and running OSPF over the WAN using a /24 subnet. As the WAN it's L3, physically every connection needs to pass over the PE to reach another one.

Regarding your doubt, I don't know what is the vendor and have no details about your infra or if you're using vlan over the Metro, but in the first look I believe the traffic flow over the PE's to reach another one, but with more details I could be more effective in your answer.

Thank you,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: