cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Use Tandberg (Cisco) Precision HD TTC8-01 camera upside down (ceiling mount)?

eendlich73
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

is it possible to use a Tandberg (Cisco) Precision HD TTC8-01 camera upside

down (like the bigger models), mounted on the ceiling? Does the image get flipped

automatically like with the bigger models? Thank you very much in advance!

Regards, Ellen

3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The PrecisionHD 720p cameras are not capable of being mounted upside down, however the 1080p versions can and will auto flip the image if they detect they are being mounted this way.  To see what capabilities each of the cameras can do, refer to the PrecisionHD Camera Data Sheet.

Thank you! Is the limitation also mechanically (meaning that it is not stable enough if mounted upside down)? I am asking because the camera image can be flipped by the computer, which is taking the hdmi signal. Best regards, Ellen

All I can say is that it's not documented in the data sheet or user guide that the PHD 720p Camera is capable of being mounted upside down, however that doesn't mean for sure it can't be.  If it were me, I'd go by what's documented, you could contact TAC and find out if there are any limitations or things to consider if choosing to mount the camera upside down.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: