I have :

CUCM PUB and SUB 10.5.2

unity connection 10.5.0

IM and presence 10.5.2

VCS-expressway

VCS-control

2X E1 voice gateway

2x analog voice gateway

we are changing our NTP , DNS and LDAP servers and i need to update the ip addresses in my servers so please correct me regarding the following parts

CUCM PUB and SUB 10.5.2:

i will copy the information and remove the cucm PUB product instance from PLM  then

set network dns primary X.X.X.X
set network dns secondary X.X.X.X

then return the product instance into PLM , there is no product instance for CUCM SUB so i guess there is no need for the PLM step just the previous two commands.

LDAP- i saw i can change the ip addresses in the LDAP directory but do i need to do it on both CUCM PUB and SUB also will the phones restart? do i need to restart the server?

unity connection 10.5.0:

i will copy the information and remove the unity PUB product instance from PLM  then

set network dns primary X.X.X.X
set network dns secondary X.X.X.X

then return the product instance into PLM , there is no product instance for unity SUB so i guess there is no need for the PLM step just the previous two commands.

LDAP- i saw i can change the ip addresses in the "LDAP directory configuration" but do i need to do it on both UNITY PUB and SUB , also will the phones restart? do i need to restart the server?

VCS-expressway- would changing the DNS need any server restart?

VCS-control- would changing the DNS need any server restart?

2X E1 voice gateway- is there any DNS and LDAP changes needed?

2x analog voice gateway- is there any DNS and LDAP changes needed?

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

LDAP for CUCM and CUC is clusterwide config and has nothing to do with phone registration, or taking calls.

No, you should not need to do anything on VCS for the change.

On the ISRs, you should know based on your config whether you need to adjust the DNS/LDAP or not.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

do i need to reset cucm PUB & SUB , unity connection PUB & SUB and IM and presence PUB & SUB after changing the DNS?

also do i need to remove unity connection product instance prior to changing the dns then return it?

As far as I recall, the DNS change only causes a reset of the NIC and a small network interruption.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

you mean when i change it it auto reset without me doing any reset? therefore no need for server reset