Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco EPN-M 2.0.2 Collection Issues

mr_vic_02
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We encountered collection failure for Cisco 7206VXR Router and Cisco ASR 1004 Router saying "Uncertified Software Version,xde.fn.CallFailed : String index out of range: -14". This routers are OK under Maintenance Pack 1 before installation of updates. 

Please advise if the Uncertified Software Version pertaining that the ios of the router is already end of support.

Thanks,

1 Reply 1

robert.thompson
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever get this resolved? You have got to love how buggy EPN is. My version of EPN 

I have some 2901's and the collection works fine, but I have 2911's running the same IOS and I get "Uncertified Software Version,xde.fn.CallFailed : String index out of range: -13" when it does a collection.

My ASR9010's get this when I upgraded to 6.1.2 "Unable to collect syslog event triggered xmp-im-ethernet-oam-module inventory details."

I have EPN 2.0.4 with the latest maintenance release and the compatibility spreadsheet for EPN show ASR9010's with support 6.1.2 and oam.

It gets even better, EPN documentation strongly suggests that you use SCP for software distribution, but this is not a supported protocol for ASR9k's in EPN.

However, the best has to be that Cisco changed the cipher they use for SSH on the ASR9010's in XR 6.1.2 from ECB to CBC with is I applaud. However, EPN only uses ECB.

This is just naming a few things I have found. Hard to believe they are doing such a poor job on this promising software for how much they charge. When you call TAC they will tell you there are aware of the issues and they will be resolved in future releases, but they can't tell you when that will be. UGH!!!