Views
Helpful
Replies

AP3802-E-K9(C)

Frank Lindner
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

looking for the AP3802i which can be configured as autonomous AP (flashing -w7- Image instead of -w8-. Is this still possible?

While reading data sheet, I've found the order-option "C" at the end of the product-number. 

EG: AP3802-E-K9 and AP3802-E-K9C. This "C" means "configurable", but what is "configurable"? I didn't have found any explanation. 

Thanks. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

HI Frank,

looking for the AP3802i which can be configured as autonomous AP (flashing -w7- Image instead of -w8-. Is this still possible?

Cisco 3802 AP don't support Autonomous/Standalone mode. It only support CAPWAP(WLC based)or Mobility express.

AP3802-E-K9 and AP3802-E-K9C. This "C" means "configurable", but what is "configurable"?

AP3802-E-K9- for this you need a controller to make it work.

AP3802-E-K9C - It comes or need a Mobility express image to work as WLC and AP simultaneously. Also you can connect other APs to it.these AP will support 3802 WLC: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-1/mobility_express/b_Mobility_Express_Deployment_guide/b_Mobility_Express_Deployment_guide_chapter_01.html

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

HI Frank,

Cisco 3802 AP don't support Autonomous/Standalone mode. It only support CAPWAP(WLC based)or Mobility express.

AP3802-E-K9 and AP3802-E-K9C. This "C" means "configurable", but what is "configurable"?

AP3802-E-K9- for this you need a controller to make it work.

AP3802-E-K9C - It comes or need a Mobility express image to work as WLC and AP simultaneously. Also you can connect other APs to it.these AP will support 3802 WLC: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-1/mobility_express/b_Mobility_Express_Deployment_guide/b_Mobility_Express_Deployment_guide_chapter_01.html

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

perfect, thanks. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: