Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can we confiugre VSS on SUP-2T

Hi,

I have two vs-c6509E-SUP2T switches.

My First question is Can i configure VSS with this switches, as some documents say should require (Virtual Switching Supervisor 720-10GE (VS-S720-10GE-3C and VS-S720-10GE-3CXL)

Secondly if yes can i use only one 10G link as VSL between two switches.

Attached is the switch details.

Kindly advice.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes its possible it will work on 1 link but what i would recommend is to make it a VSL port-channel with 1 link so then when you go to add the other link you can do it live without disrupting the VSS

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You need to use a VS SUP  like from my 6509 VSS below , 720 or 2T

5    5  Supervisor Engine 2T 10GE w/ CTS (Acti VS-SUP2T-10G  

Q2

Recommend using 2 its best practice but you can get away with 1

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/solutions/Enterprise/Campus/VSS30dg/campusVSS_DG/VSS-dg_ch2.html

Even if only one 10G port used as VSL link, still both 10-Gbps port is restricted to CoS-based trust model. 12.2(33)SXI removes this limitation by allowing the unused (non-VSL configured)10-Gbps port be configured based on user preference, including DSCP-based queuing.   

Thanks for reply,

Yes i do have vs-sup2T-10G ( two cards). Kindly check attached Picture.

So VSS is possible to do it right.

Currently i have only one  x2-10gb-lrm on each switch. So i would like to finish configuring vss now and later add one more vsl 10 gig link.

Thanks in advance.

Yes its possible it will work on 1 link but what i would recommend is to make it a VSL port-channel with 1 link so then when you go to add the other link you can do it live without disrupting the VSS

Thanks a lot Mark,

Will give it a shot.

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: