Views
Helpful
Replies

WS-C3850-32XS-S Command Issue

Joseph Ritchey
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a Catalyst 3850 XS that I'm trying to set up and is running SW Version IOS XE 3.7.4E.  I am trying the two following commands:

!

exception memory ignore overflow io
exception memory ignore overflow processor

!

"exception" is valid but "memory" is not.  The commands work on many of my L3 switches with an older IOS.  I have been searching high and low to find an answer as to why the commands are not working, but most of the documentation says they should work.  Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks,

Joe 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Joseph,

I tried this command on a multi-gig 3850 and a regular 10/100/1000 POE 3850 and it does not work.  If the commands were never supported by this platform, than I don't think there is any documentation indicating that.  

.HTH

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are your older L3 switches ios-xe as I thought those commands were only in ios 3k series switches 

If there not there then there unlikely supported in your version 

Hi Mark.  The other L3 switches are not on XE.  I'm pretty sure you are correct that the commands are not supported, but I was trying to find some kind of documentation that stated this.  Thank you for the reply.

Hi,

Are you sure the other devices are 3850 switches?

I can do this command in routers (ASR) but not 3850s

exception memory ignore overflow io frequency

HTH

Hi Reza,

The other L3 switches are not 3850s.  I have seen this command referenced for the ASRs and in Cisco's "hardening routers and switches", but I was looking for some confirmation or reference that this command will not work.  I know at this point that it most likely will not, but I haven't found the documentation as to why, or when it stopped being supported, if it ever was on the 3850s.  Thank you for your time.

Hi Joseph,

I tried this command on a multi-gig 3850 and a regular 10/100/1000 POE 3850 and it does not work.  If the commands were never supported by this platform, than I don't think there is any documentation indicating that.  

.HTH

Thank you for the information.  I appreciate the time you took on this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card