Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Telepresenc Recording Server

Hi..

We have TCS s/w version 7.x and recording working fine.

Now we want to configure the server for Live streaming and we have two license enabled on TCS.

We understand that we require separate server 2008 for live streaming configured with TCS.

Can anyone help us for hardware requirement for 2008 server need to set up for live streaming.

Regards,

6 Replies 6

Patrick McCarthy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You will need to check the HW requirements for the media server you are planning to use - Microsoft, Wowza, Quicktime - whatever you choose. None of these are Cisco products. 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/tcs/7_2/admin/administration/tcs_7_2/admin.html?

We want to use Windows media server for live streaming , what should be the hardware capabilities for Win 2008 to work with TCS sever.

Not trying to be difficult - but I would pose this question on a Microsoft forum - we aren't talking about Cisco software here - the TCS just sends the stream to the external server which takes it from there. 

We use WMS with our TCS, and it's hard to say what the requirements will need to be as each deployment is different and depends on how utilized the server will be.  I looked through the WMS documentation and didn't see anywhere it mentions server requirements, however with what all we stream, we run our server with 1 CPU and 2GB RAM.  All I can say is build your server, monitor the resource usage, and adjust accordingly.

Hi Patrick,

Customer have one win 2008 server and running some other services on this server.

Can we use the same server for Live streaming also or we require dedicated server for lie streaming.

rgds

I suppose you could use an existing server, it depends on the requirements of WMS, but I don't think it would be an issue, just be sure to monitor the server resources if you're running more than one application on the server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: