Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting up jabber profile

Hi, 

I tried to setup jabber profile. 

I created CSF profile and assigned line to it. 

but the user is not able to log in to jabber.

In the end user there is no place to select UC Service Profile.

System Version : 8.6.2

Any help would be appreciated. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You're following documentation for 9.x and later, in 8.6(x) you still had to do a lot of the config on both sides, as it was not centralized in CUCM, you need to configure all the profiles on CUPS and associate to the user.

I found this video on YouTube, I have not watched, but might be able to help you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5s4SugPdV0

Aside from that, make sure you review the old 8.6 documentation, which will have no reference to UC Service Profiles.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You're following documentation for 9.x and later, in 8.6(x) you still had to do a lot of the config on both sides, as it was not centralized in CUCM, you need to configure all the profiles on CUPS and associate to the user.

I found this video on YouTube, I have not watched, but might be able to help you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5s4SugPdV0

Aside from that, make sure you review the old 8.6 documentation, which will have no reference to UC Service Profiles.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jame,

I am getting this error on CUP server

I configured the profile as taught in the above link but that gave the license to jabber profile but also showing this error.

Node Assignment: UNASSIGNED (presence will not be available until this user is assigned)

Subcluster Assignment: UNASSIGNED (presence will not be available until this user is assigned)

Please advise.

Think you may have to licence the user in cucm? First menu towards the bottom licensing I think 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: