Views
Helpful
Replies

Possibility of concatenating the name of a glodbal variable

fabien_damien
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I would like to know if it's possible to concatenating the name of a global variable in an ICM script.

i've tried to do so, but it seems that the script is not recognizing it.

any input will be appreciated.

Thanks and regards.

5 Replies 5

Can you show what you're trying to accomplish and what you've tried so far?

david

Hello David,

it's my colleague who's trying to concatenate the name, so i don't have the ICM script at hand.

but the idea is instead of using an IF statement for a fixed globalvariable name for a contact center open check, we would like to have the variable name concatenated using other PVs.

we've tried to concatenate the name with and without "Global" at the beginning of the script. and in both cases the If statement goes through the x instead of the true path.

let me know your thoughts.

Thanks.

Sorry I'm still not 100% I understand, is this it? You have a global var named user.varname, you want to take a few PVs and create the string user.varname. If so, this is not possible.

david

yes that's it...and this is what i thought as well, that it's not possible..but i thought maybe there is a workaround for the inconvenience.

Yeah it sucks that it's not. We've tried this with SG and PQ in order to make scripting far more dynamic, but nope. Good luck.

david

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: