cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 6.1.15 DRS suddenly stops and can't get started again

Brandon Kovach
Level 1
Level 1

Call manager is version 6.1.15.   It's been backing up just fine, without incident for over a year.   I checked the credentials and they are fine.   i checked that the call manager can ping the backup server (utils network ping x.x.x.x).  Ping comes back fine.   Even put up a temporary box on the same subnet (eliminating routing issues) and nothing.

Every time I get the message "unable to access sftp server or sftp server too slow to respond" but it comes back in an instant, as if it never even tried to hit the sftp server.

If I check the logs in the sftp server, it never got a hit from the call manager.

I regenerated the ipsec.pem file, and recreated a ipsec-trust file, restarted the DRS services and ...

still the same error.

it's as if the firewall on the call manager is stopping the backup from running?

Any help would be very appreciated.

8 Replies 8

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Brandon,

If you have regenerated IpSec , restarted DRF services and also tried a backup server in the same subnet then it could be an issue with drfcomponent.xml file, not sure if even TAC would support a 6.x system unless you are planning for an upgrade.

Manish 

So many thanks for helping with this.  One thing I have not been able to do yet is bounce the whole system.  So maybe I should try that.

Even still, I am not familiar with that xlm file. 

A -- where is it and how do I get to it?

B -- How do i edit it?  Or do I?  Do I just delete the backup devices and let them regenerate a new file?

I'll google it and see.

TIA

BK

P.S.  -- Nope.   TIA won't touch it.

So I restarted the CCM and Unity boxes. Nothing goes. I deleted the schedules and back up devices, rebooted the CCM and Unity box (again) and tried to add the backup device. Still nothing. Just the same message about the SFTP not accessible or taking too long to respond.

Did you try, restarting the SFTP server / Service?

I have bounced the backup SFTP server several times, tried other SFTP servers (on the same box and on other boxes, with ips in same subnet ...etc)..  I am not sure any of that matters, though, because none of them are logging that the even got an attempted login from the call manager.  

I can't seem to find anywhere on the call manager to restart the sftp service, but I will keep looking.

Thanks for the tip.

Could this be related to daylight savings?

B

Found the issue to be in Openssh-server.   It disables an authentication key as unsecure/outdated.   I downgraded openssh and things started working.

i am VERY unclear as to why the failed authentications from the call manager were not logged.   If I change the password on the Call Manager to some bogus password, then the authentication got logged, which lead me to believe it was an Auth Credential issue.   Shure 'nuff.

B

May be your box has some find of firewall which is blocking?

Try capturing packets using wireshark..

check if you see request from CUCM..

That way we can be sure its not CUCM or network inbetween..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: