Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless setup design

Hi, 

I am handling a project requirement where i have to design a wireless setup at multiple offices in US and multiple offices in India. 

I have data centers in US and data center in India. Offices are connected to data center over WAN. 

All the employees will use this wireless networks and will roam between India & US offices. Users will be authenticate with their domain username/password. I am considering ISE for that.  US DC and India DC are connected through MPLS link. 

I am planning to deploy two WLC in US and two WLC india as it is not recommended to configure different country APs on same controller. 

However I am not sure whether Layer 3 roaming will happen between two wireless domains. please advise. 

3 Replies 3

However I am not sure whether Layer 3 roaming will happen between two wireless domains. please advise. 

Roaming between these two DC is not required (It is not expected moving of a client from one location to another without dropping their wireless connection). You have to put those two different countries' WLCs into two different mobility group.

If Guest SSID required and expect to terminate in one of those data centers, then only you require mobility peering between those WLCs.

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Hi Rasika, 

Thanks for your input. Is there a more optimized solution possible to meet my requirement? like in stead of keeping two separate wireless domains. Can i manage with two controllers instead of 4 controllers. Both US and India WLC will be back up to each other. 

Secondly, I am only considering ISE - VM in India. I am concerned if the MPLS link between US & India is down how US users will get authenticated? 

Any suggestion is most welcome! 

thanks 

Can i manage with two controllers instead of 4 controllers. Both US and India WLC will be back up to each other

Since US & IN belongs to two different regulatory domain, it is recommended to have different WLCs for each domain (to avoid sub-optimal power & channel selection)

Secondly, I am only considering ISE - VM in India. I am concerned if the MPLS link between US & India is down how US users will get authenticated? 

If you need users to authenticate even if a WAN link fails, you can explore & see whether FlexConnect mode AP deployment suits for your requirement. Here is a link for FlexConnect design guide

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/8-1/Enterprise-Mobility-8-1-Design-Guide/Enterprise_Mobility_8-1_Deployment_Guide/ch7_HREA.html

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card