cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Negotiation with vpn server is failed

nageshchougule
Level 1
Level 1

When I am trying to connect vpn through my iPhone it shows negotiation with vpn server is failed 

vpn server 124.124.246.189

9 Replies 9

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is not much information here for us to work with. Can you tell us whether this has worked before and then stopped working? Or is this the initial attempt to connect through iPhone? Can you tell us whether the VPN works from other devices but not from your iPhone? Or does it fail for other devices?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

yes it is the initial attempt to connect through iPhone 6 and ios 10.2 And it works fine on my window 10 computer.

It is helpful to know that AnyConnect does work to that vpn server for Windows but fails for iPhone. One thing that would cause these symptoms is that the vpn server is configured for Windows but not for Apple. Is this vpn server an ASA, or a router, or some other device? Can you verify that the vpn server is configured for Apple? Perhaps post the output of show run | include anyc

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

When i try connecting every thing goes fine. When put my password for my user id i recieves password but after that it shows negotiation with vpn server is failed 

I am confused. You have described this issue as related to iPhone. But the screen shot you post looks like it is Vodaphone. Can you clarify this?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Vodafone is my mobile network carrier and i am trying to connect MSEDCL server which is 124.124.246.189

I asked these questions to which you have not responded. Please answer them

Is this vpn server an ASA, or a router, or some other device? Can you verify that the vpn server is configured for Apple? Perhaps post the output of show run | include anyc

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Is this vpn server an ASA, or a router, or some other device? - it's an other device!

Can you verify that the vpn server is configured for Apple? - Don't know! 

and have setting which is used in android phone 

#VVIMP For Section Officers#
# Procedure to connect VPN on Android Mobile Phones.
1. Go to settings
2. Wireless & network
3. More
4. VPN
5. Add Profile
6. Name : MSEDCL
7. Type Select : Ipsec Xauth PSK
8. Server address : 124.124.246.189
9. IPSec identifier : vpnclient
10. IPSec pre-shared key : cisco123
11. Save
12. Click on Profile
13. Username :xxxxxxxx
14. Password : xxxxxxxx
15. Click on VPN Profile
16. Connect
17. Go to your Web Browser & Type or Pest "http://web-srv.rapdrp.mahadiscom.in/ncapp/nc" RAPDRP New Connection Address & ENJOY RAPDRP on your Android Mobile.

I suggest you not post your userid and password in a public forum, You can edit your earlier posting to remove them.

Have you contacted the service provider to see if they support iPhone as a client? There is very little we can do to help not knowing the details at the provider end.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: