Views
Helpful
Replies

Perform DRS restore on CUCM 8.6 when the old security password is not known

Calin Lupas
Level 1
Level 1

This is the message I receive:

"Security password is different from the one used for backup or the Encrypted password has been tampered with. Restore will halt."

I don't know the old security password of the DRS backup and I'd like restore the backup on a newly installed publisher. For your information, all the info of the new publisher matches the old publisher. I went thru this exercise successfully with another publisher but in that case I knew the password.

Is there a way to decrypt the password as the encrypted key is shown as plain text in the XML file?

Thank you,

Calin Lupas

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jitender Bhandari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Calin,

You might wanna refer to below it would work for CUCM 8.x 

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/cisco/voip/188157

Disclaimer: above is not a CISCO utility so beware of consequences before using it.

JB

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

AFAIK there is no way to decrypt it.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The best way to move forward on this would be to reset the security password on the publisher server take the DRS backup again and then perform the restore on the other server.

Regards

Deepak

It involves a tremendous amount of time and resources to change the security password for this high-availability cluster.

Jitender Bhandari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Calin,

You might wanna refer to below it would work for CUCM 8.x 

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/cisco/voip/188157

Disclaimer: above is not a CISCO utility so beware of consequences before using it.

JB

Calin Lupas
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks! I also found this utility posted by Pete. I wonder if I can come up with another solution.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: