cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Updating the partition of multiple non consecutive numbers

Adan Zuniga
Level 1
Level 1

How can I bulk update the partition of multiple non consecutive DN's? A query will not work because these numbers do not follow any particular pattern or order. Thanks. 

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Export via BAT, delete all devices you don't need, adjust as needed, and then update using that file.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Export the Devices or DN's? 

Export the devices, because you cant update the lines using an custom file.  

change the column that has the partition, into the new partition and import the phones back in, you will probably need to delete the phones out before you add them back in.

you might need to find a way to intelligently update the lines using BAT instead, because as soon as you delete the phones to add them, any user association with a phone will be lost in user admin.

cheers

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

There's no need to delete the phones, there's an Override the existing configuration option when you're inserting devices.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

even better, thanks for clarifying that Jaime

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Thank you both. I am all about automating as much as I can with the little programming that I know. I found this discussion helpful  

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11360166/cucm-85-bulk-edit-extension-numbers

Instead of exporting, deleting, and updating, you feed some input via CSV and a Java Program makes changes. I want to take the same approach but with PERL and to do the specific tasks that I need. I commented on the Discussion, so you can see my requirements if interested.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: