cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SSID on Specific AP's on a Cisco 4400 WLC

Jason Mills
Level 1
Level 1

So, I have a wireless network setup with a Cisco 4400 WLC.   I have several WLAN's both voice and data set up and broadcasting across all of our AP's connected to the network.  I have a specific instance where, I have a new Wlan that I would like to only be available from 2 specific AP's, yet those AP's need to still have the other Wlans available on them as well.   Looking for config suggestions..

Thanks,
Jason

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can do this by simply creating AP group & adding those two APs onto that group with required WLAN to advertise.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/7-0MR1/configuration/guide/wlc_cg70MR1/cg_wlan.html#94800

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

You can do this by simply creating AP group & adding those two APs onto that group with required WLAN to advertise.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/7-0MR1/configuration/guide/wlc_cg70MR1/cg_wlan.html#94800

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Yea, so I think I figured it out.  Currently, we only have the "default-APGroup".  It looks like I will have to create two new Groups, and have one group have all the current wlans in it, and all the AP's not needed for the new wlan.  Then create another group, that has all the wlans, plus the new wlan in it, and add the two ap's I want that new one to only show up on to that group..  Got it all ready to go, but will have to wait until after hours to drop the AP's to move them to the new groups..

Yes, you got it right :)

If everything worked as expected, you can mark the thread as "answered"

Rasika

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: