Views
Helpful
Replies

Expressway 8.9 SIP / H323 registration - License

Chi Fai Leung
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

According to the Expressway 8.9 release note, we can make the SIP / H323 registration from CallManager to Expressway.

When you configure the Expressway as a SIP registrar or H.323 Gatekeeper, you must license it for concurrent systems (CUCM model), rather than for concurrent calls (VCS model).

Ref.: http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/expressway/release_note/Cisco-Expressway-Release-Note-X8-9.pdf

Should I can get the Expressway registration endpoints' license from my existing TP Room Licenses?

5 Replies 5

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It's more than likely a license that has to be ordered separartly for the Expressway-C, as that is what it gets applied to.  I looked and couldn't find what top level part number the licenses are located under, you'll probably have better luck if you reach out to your Account Manager and they should be able to get the information for you.  For reference the licenses are: LIC-EXP-ROOM (Room Systems) and LIC-EXP-DSK (Desktop Systems).

Is it possible to exchange the CUCM TP-Room licenses to Expressway Room License, when I change the usage purpose? No this path?

Not that I'm aware of, but I haven't asked about it.  You should contact your Account Manager as they should be able to help and get the information you need.

Hello,

Once you get TP room license, you get LIC-EXP-ROOM by default with TP room license. You can register TP endpoint either with call manager or expressways.

alanbatres
Level 1
Level 1

Any luck with this ?

I'm stuck on the same

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: