Views
Helpful
Replies

BGP cannot send advertise

ahmed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

i have router 892f and connect to my ISP, using BGP and divided into 2 links (different VLAN).

the BGP state was established in both of peers, also can receive prefix from ISP. but it still cannot advertise any prefix to ISP.

when i check show ip bgp neighbors advertised-routes on both of peers it says total number of prefixes 0.

i attach the config (use different IP)

please advise

Regards,

Ahmed

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Ahmed

Try adding the mask to your network statements and let us know if the behavior changes.

network 10.10.10.0 mask 255.255.255.0
network 10.10.11.0 mask 255.255.255.0

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Ahmed

Try adding the mask to your network statements and let us know if the behavior changes.

network 10.10.10.0 mask 255.255.255.0
network 10.10.11.0 mask 255.255.255.0

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

You need to add the IP address of the provider in the show command:

sh ip bg neighbors xx.xx.xx.xx advertised-routes

Also, what is the public IP segment you are trying to advertise?

HTH

Hello

just like to add to Richards post

I would also suggest to disable auto-summary and remove the soft-configuration inbound feature as later ios support the more upto date route refresh feature and is less process intensive 

lastly what is your thinking behind as -pre-pending on both isp peers?

res

paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the communityā€™s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hi Paul,

thanks for your help, when i remove soft-rreconfiguration inbound it says % Inbound soft reconfiguration not enabled on x.x.x.x

i know those command will double up memory consumption, but i have to add that so i can receive prefix.

please advise

ahmed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi rick,

Thanks for guide, it was can send prefix.

I've configured loopback address as you see in my config but after bgp established and advertised i still cannot ping the loopback0 from internet. I did sh ip int bri loopback0 is up.

Fyi gi9 still down

Please advise

Ahmed

If gi9 is still down then you would not advertise it to the BGP peers. But if the loopback is up/up then you should be advertising its address. Can you check the output from show ip bgp neighbors advertised-routes and verify that you are advertising the address of the loopback.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi,

i do sh ip bgp x.x.x.x neigh advertiseed-routes, it says 

sh ip bgp neighbors 20.10.10.197 advertised-routes
BGP table version is 44342, local router ID is 10.10.10.1
Status codes: s suppressed, d damped, h history, * valid, > best, i - internal,
r RIB-failure, S Stale, m multipath, b backup-path, f RT-Filter,
x best-external, a additional-path, c RIB-compressed,
Origin codes: i - IGP, e - EGP, ? - incomplete
RPKI validation codes: V valid, I invalid, N Not found

Network Next Hop Metric LocPrf Weight Path
*> 10.10.10.0/24 0.0.0.0 0 32768 i
*> 10.10.11.0/24 0.0.0.0 0 32768 i

Total number of prefixes 2

Why are you advertising private IP segments to your provider? If they have provided you a public segment, that need to be advertised to them.

HTH

Hi reza,

thanks for help, actually i use public ip, i change the public ip to private ip just for posting on this forum, because this is public forum

Hi Ahmad,

Thanks for clarification.

Ahmed

Your config shows that there are two BGP peers. Your output shows that you are advertising two prefixes to one peer. Are your two prefixes being advertised to both peers and you showed us only one of them, or is it that you are advertising to only one peer (which might have something to do with not being able to ping to your loopback)?

If you attempt to ping something in the Internet from your router and specify the source address to be your loopback address does that ping work?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card