Helpful
Replies

ISE login incorrect to CLI

exmode
Level 1
Level 1

HI

deploy ise 2.1 on vmware

after dialog "setup" when install ise , i cannot login to console  (login incorrect) but ia can login with the same login to the WEB

what  I doing wrong? 

10 Replies 10

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are the credentials  that you created immediately after setup not working on CLI but on GUI? The CLI and GUI are accounts 2 different accounts but after initial setup, their username passwords are the same. Did you reset your GUI password anytime after the initial setup? This can cause both accounts to be different and you may have to use the original credentials to login to the CLI

>Are the credentials  that you created immediately after setup not working on CLI but on GUI?

Yes, CLI not working but GUI is working

>Did you reset your GUI password anytime after the initial setup?

NO. And how i reset GUI password?

That is strange. Can you paste a screenshot of the prompt and the error that you are facing when you input the username and password?

Also, are you trying to login via the VMware console or ssh?

Hi,

I also experienced the same thing, I cannot login to console (login incorrect) after the installation is complete on the VM.

Hi,

i used simple password without special symbols, and i login correctly!

I just build 6 VMs and got exactly the same issue, could not login :( Now I need to rebuild all the VMs.

Ravi Singh
Level 7
Level 7

Try to perform a password rest via the installation CD/ISO

If password contain special symbol ($, _,@),  i think problem in this?
i used password with no special symbol and login correct

what do you think about this?

Not applicable

Has this issue ever been resolved? I'm facing exactly the same problem even if i don't use special symbols and keep the password as simple as possible(1Qazwsx).

ffischer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi
obviously, this is caused by special characters in the password entered during setup.
Be aware the ISE VM Console always uses US-English QWERTY keyboard layout...

I tested a bit an found that $ definitely causes issues... not sure what chars else are problematic.
I even faced the situation where the password set during setup worked in the WebGUI login, but neither on VM console nor ssh CLI.

There is a request for documentation, cscva91548,
but I still cannot find anything definite in the Cisco docs
see my other post:
https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/cisco-bug-discussions/cscva91548-ise-doc-supported-special-characters-on-ise-admin/td-p/3311663

Frank

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: